Here are some tips that can help you get the most from your cleaning dollar:
- Bring a garment in for professional cleaning as soon as possible after staining occurs. Stains and soil left too long can be impossible to remove and will shorten the life of your garment.
- Discuss any stains with your cleaner. Be especially sure to point out light colored or invisible spills, such as those from soft drinks, fruit juices or white wine.
- Allow perfumes, lotions, deodorants, antiperspirants, and other toiletries to dry before you get dressed since these products can contain ingredients, that affect some dyes.
- Protect your garments from excessive perspiration, especially silks, because it can cause many dyes to discolor.
- Have matching pieces cleaned together, including bedspreads and drapes, so that any color loss will be uniform and pieces will still match.
- Protect your garments from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or strong artificial light. Keep in mind that even indoor lighting can affect some dyes.
- Don't press stained or soiled clothes. The heat may set some stains.